Farndon Green, in Wollaton Park Estate, will play host to a fabulous fun day on Friday 14 August from 1pm until 4pm.
Nottingham City Council and Wollaton Park Residents Association are working with Sustrans, the SEND Project and other partners to organise the community event which is for people of all ages.
The Sheriff of Nottingham Councillor Mohammed Saghir will also be at the event from 1pm until 2.20pm to meet and greet visitors.
Here is a taster of what is happening on the day:
- Nottingham City Council Switch ‘n’ Save – Independent advice on reducing energy bills. On the day you can book an appointment with them or bring your energy bills for them to assess possible savings
- Carers Information
- ‘Have your say’ on local issues such as Sutton Passeys Crescent Play Area Designs and meet your Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey Ward Councillors, Cllr Sally Longford and Cllr Sam Webster
- Bouncy Castle
- Stalls selling plants, honey, cakes and crafts
- Face Painting
- Meet your Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey Ward Neighbourhood Development Officer to find out about local projects and how you can get involved
- Children’s games and activities
- Urban street art with SEND Project
- Information stalls
Cllr Nicola Heaton, Portfolio Holder for Community Services at Nottingham City Council, said: “This event is the perfect opportunity for the community to come together so why not bring or invite someone on your street who may be on their own or you may never have spoken to ? It is also a great opportunity for residents to speak to their local councillors about any issues they have in the area and find out what is happening on their doorstep.”
Please ring Pauline Dorey on 07960420474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if anyone would like to help out, have a stall or run an activity on the day.
The event is funded by Nottingham City Council’s Wollaton East and Lenton Abbey (WELA) Ward Councillors Budgets.