Winter can be a difficult time for many, with colder and shorter days affecting our mental health and ability to fight viruses and many worrying about their finances following the holidays.
This makes it particularly important to look after yourself and others at this time of year, helping vulnerable neighbours, friends and family access the help, advice and support they may need.
Below you can find links to the various sources of help, advice and support that are available nationally and locally. If you know anyone who may benefit from this, you can help them by sharing or letting them know about these services:
- For advice from the NHS on how to keep warm and well over winter, visit: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/seasonal-health/keep-warm-keep-well/
- To reach out for help with your mental health visit: http://turning-point.co.uk
- Young people under 25 can find additional local metal health advice and help here: http://nottalone.org.uk
Those worried about money can find plenty of help, support and advice on the Asklion website.
- For debt advice, visit: https://www.asklion.co.uk/debt
- To get help creating a budget plan to manage your household spending visit: http://asklion.co.uk/budgeting
- Some may be entitled to benefits to help boost their income, you can check what you’re entitled to using the benefits calculator tool here: http://asklion.co.uk/benefits
- For additional money help and advice, visit: http://asklion.co.uk/moneyadvice
You can also receive money advice tips from us every month by signing up to our Help & Support newsletter.
Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2UinA0Q