Nottingham City Council has introduced a new convenient way for people to manage their Council Tax accounts.
The new online system, accessed via the Council’s website, lets people manage their accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort of their own home or using their smartphone.
People can now:
- Register for bills to be sent by email
- Sign up for Direct Debit or change Direct Debit details
- Check their Council Tax account and see how much they need to pay
- Report a change of address or update contact details
- Apply for a Single Person Discount
- Look up the Council Tax band for any property in Nottingham
The Council Tax Online service can be accessed via www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/counciltax
Anyone who registers for bills to be sent to them by email by 15 October will be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 Victoria Centre voucher.
Councillor Graham Chapman, City Council Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Resources and Neighbourhood Regeneration, said: “Enabling people to manage their accounts directly online is easier and more cost effective for them and the Council.”