The summer holidays are here! There are lots of events and activities happening, many of them free or cheap. We’ve done a round-up of what’s happening over the summer holidays.
All Summer Long!
National Justice Museum
- Father of forensics | National Justice Museum – FREE Exhibition
- Crime gallery | National Justice Museum – FREE Exhibition
- Castle and Brewhouse Yard – Kids under 15 go FREE and Adults can get access all year round for £12
- Geoffrey & Mandy Show
- Mandarin Club
- Kev Payne Get Moving with poetry
- Kev Sutherland Comic Masterclass
Parks and Open Spaces
Enjoy the award-winning Green Flag parks and open spaces across the city in the summer holidays. There are self-guided walks that can be completed at your own pace. The Nottingham Adventure Trail is great for all ages to discover the sites in the heart of Nottingham.
Here are some more events happening week by week.
- Apollo Legacy: How Engineers Landed People on the Moon | Lakeside Arts, Nottingham – Sunday 23 July – 1pm
- Children’s Bread Baking | Green’s Windmill – Saturday 29 July – 10:15am
- Holiday Arts Club – Monday 31 July – Thursday 31 August
- Biscuit Baking – Thursday 3 August & Saturday 5 August
- Games Day | Green’s Windmill – Friday 4 August – 10am-4pm
- Nottingham Riverside Festival – Friday 4 August – Sunday 6 Aug
- Summer Family Activities: Dress Rehearsals – Nottingham Contemporary – Tuesday 1 August – Thursday 24 August
- Oaty Bakes – Thursday 10 August & Saturday 12 August – 10:15am
- Games Day – Friday 11 August – 10am-4pm
- THE HARE & THE MOON | Lakeside Arts, University of Nottingham – Saturday 13 Aug & Sunday 14 Aug
- Scone Baking – Thursday 17 August & Saturday 19 August – 10:15
- Games Day – Friday 18 August – 10am – 4pm
- Apollo Legacy: How Engineers Landed People on the Moon | Lakeside Arts, Nottingham – Sunday 23 July
- Fruity Cupcake Baking – Thursday 24 August | Saturday 26 August
- Games Day – Friday 25 August – 10am – 4pm
- Bulwell Bogs Family Fun Day – Saturday 26 August – 11am-3pm
Places that kids eat for FREE (or just £1)
There are various restaurants, supermarkets and cafes that have offers this summer to keep the cost down over the holidays.
Cheap Travel Options
There are a range of travel options that can help you travel for less this summer. If you are using the bus frequently throughout the day the NCT Grouprider, NET Group Ticket and ZigZag Group allow you to travel around the city for less. Under 5’s travel for free NET Trams, NCT and Trentbarton to find out more read here.
Christmas at Wollaton | Pre-sale waiting list
Join the Christmas at Wollaton pre-sale waiting list by Sunday 23 July to get 25% off ALL tickets and time slots. Sign up today to receive the link for the exclusive pre-sale for this year’s event at Wollaton Hall.
Stay up to date
Visit Ask Lion and follow your local area ward Facebook page to stay up to date.
Aspley, Basford, Berridge, Bestwood, Bilborough, Bulwell, Bulwell Forest, Castle Ward, Clifton East, Clifton West, Dales, Hyson Green and Arboretum, Leen Valley Ward, Lenton and Wollaton East, Mapperley, Meadows Ward, Radford, Sherwood, St Ann’s, Wollaton West