Nottingham City Council Children’s Centres are gearing up for a host of events to keep the little ones entertained over half term.
There’ll be something for all the family including fun days and teddy bear picnics.
There are 18 Children’s Centres across the city and they offer a range of free services and activities for families and their children. Services can vary at each centre according to the needs of the local community, but all centres provide links to childcare, family support and a range of parent and toddler activities.
All of the centres have family support teams who work with children and young people from birth to 19 and their families, offering play and youth activities, and support in areas including disability, mental health, emotional wellbeing and school attendance.
Check out some of the events happening at the city’s Children’s Centres:
- Ann’s Fun Day – Wednesday 27th May from 12:00noon – 3:00pm at St. Ann’s Play Centre
- Teddy Bear Picnic (0-5 Years) – Thursday 28th May from 11.00am – 1.00pm at King Georges Park, Just off Aspley Lane. Bring Your own Picnic
- Teddy Bear Picnic (5-11 Years) – Thursday 28th May from 3.30pm – 5.30pm at Phoenix Adventure Playground. Bring Your own Picnic
- Nottingham Contemporary Event – Thursday 28th May from 11.00am – 12.30pm. Collect a kangaroo ticket from the Children’s centre and join them at Nottingham Contemporary for free family activities.
- Big Fun Event – Tuesday 26th May from 12.30pm – 3.30pm at Southglade Access Centre
- Physical play session – Wednesday 27th May from 1:30pm – 3:00pm at The Embankment (Meadows). All are welcome, parents please accompany children
- Under 5’s Stay & Play – Wednesday 27th May from 1.15pm – 3.15pm. Families can have fun exploring a variety of activities which will stimulate their learning and development
- Family Fun – Thursday 28th May from 1pm – 3pm at Ballon Woods Adventure Playground. Come along and enjoy some indoor and outdoor fun!
- Mini Diggers – Friday 29th May from 10am – 11.15 at the Children’s Centre Allotment. Come along for some gardening fun and a creepy crawly bug hunt!
Dunkirk Children’s Centre, Lenton and Lenton Abbey Children’s Centre
- Fun in the Park – Wednesday 27th May from 1.30pm – 3pm at Spider Park (opposite Children’s Centre) Physical and craft activities, with a special visit from the Fire Service and their fire engine.
- Wiggle & Giggle Music Session – Wednesday 27th May from 1:15 – 2:15pm at Sneinton Hermitage Community Centre. Age 0-5 years, open to families living in Sneinton and Bakersfield
Anyone who cares for or is expecting a child can register to use the centres. For more information head to www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/childrenscentres