Crowds are gathering in Old Market Square to celebrate Nottingham Forest’s promotion to the Premier League.
Players and club officials will be showing off the Championship play-off winner’s trophy on the Council House balcony as part of a lunchtime celebration, which will include interviews with the players before the trophy is raised aloft to the crowd below.
Today’s event will start at 1pm in Old Market Square. It will be broadcast live on Notts TV and simultaneously on Nottingham Forest’s official website.
Notts TV is available across Nottingham city and the county on Freeview channel 7, Virgin 159, and BT/YouView 7.
It is expected to be very popular and there will be road closures and diversions put in place, plus some temporary changes to bus services. Trams will not move through Old Market Square for a short time and services will terminate at Royal Centre and Nottingham station.
This is a family event, so organisers would like supporters planning to attend the event, please read the following important information:
- This is a family event, so no alcohol. A reminder that the city centre is subject to a Public Spaces Protection Order banning alcohol from the streets
- Forest players will be making a 30-minute appearance on the Council House balcony with the play-off winners trophy. There is no other entertainment planned
- The capacity of Old Market Square is limited. Although there will be screens and an enhanced PA to relay sound and images, views to the balcony may be partially obscured;
- The event will also be streamed live on Notts TV and Forest’s official website to enable fans at work, based around the UK and overseas to view the ceremony free on smart TVs or mobile devices;
- Strictly no flares or pyrotechnics. Anyone found with these may receive a three-year club ban.