Nottingham City Council in partnership with Nottingham’s transport operators launched the Robin Hood pay-as-you-go smartcard in December 2015 to make travelling around Nottingham easier and cheaper and has now exceeded the £1million sale mark. Today there are almost 20,000 cards in circulation, providing local people with the flexibility that the Robin Hood card offers.
Since its launch last year a number of new Robin Hood Card features have been implemented such as:
- Introducing university students discounted travel across buses and trams
- Converting Kangaroo season tickets into Robin Hood season cards
- Replacing the Kangaroo day ticket with Robin Hood day tickets
- Introducing more ticket vending machines within the City – now at a total of 85
A number of new Robin Hood Card features are being planned over the next year, subject to the successful completion of trials. -These could include:
- Allowing card top-up at tram vending machines
- Introducing weekly capping on Robin Hood pay-as-you-go cards
- Introducing Robin Hood pay-as-you-go child and student variants
- Robin Hood Card products to be available at NCT and NET Travel centres
- Introducing further ticket vending machines within the city – aiming for 100 by Christmas.
Councillor Nick McDonald, Portfolio Holder for Business, Growth and Transport at Nottingham City Council, said: “We are very proud that the Robin Hood card is proving to be a popular travel option and the new features and products we have implemented have been a success. Further planned improvements will allow the Robin Hood card to become an even more flexible and cost-effective way to travel”.
Nicola Tidy Marketing Director at Nottingham City Transport said “Robin Hood smart cards are ideal for those travellers who need to interchange between modes of transport, the new pay as you go card offers flexibility of travel for the best price and many City residents are taking advantage of this new way to pay”
For more information please visit the website – http://www.robinhoodnetwork.co.uk