Nottingham City Council will soon be carrying out planned resurfacing work on Queens Drive.
The work will be taking place between the junctions of Crossgate Drive and the Queens Drive Park & Ride entrance on the outbound lanes only.
It will begin on Monday 4 April and is expected to take around two weeks to complete and will take place outside normal working hours from 8pm to 5am.
The scheme will be split into two phases:
- Phase 1 – From the junction of Tottle Road to Queens Drive Park & Ride from Monday 4 April to Friday 8 April
- Phase 2 – From the junction of Crossgate Drive to Tottle Road from Monday 11 April to Friday 15 April
Temporary diversions will be put in place and well signed and we ask that all road users observe these. The following restrictions will be in place at all times while the work is taking place:
- Road closure on Queens Drive slip road (inbound from roundabout) to Queens Drive main carriageway (Phase 1 only)
- Road closure for traffic turning right from Tottle Road onto Queens Drive
(Phase 1 only)
- The dedicated bus lane (inbound) on Queens Drive will be suspended (Phase 2 only)
- Road closure on Meadows Way / Robin Hood Way link road (Phase 2 only)
- Road closure on the outbound slip road from Robin Hood Way / Meadows Way to Queens Drive (Phase 2 only)
Councillor Nick McDonald, Portfolio Holder for Growth, Jobs and Transport at Nottingham City Council, said: “These essential improvement works for Queens Drive are being carried out outside normal working hours to minimise disruption. We would like to thank people for their continued patience while works continue on our roads.
“Nottingham has one of the best integrated transport systems in the UK and proactive road maintenance works like this play a vital part in keeping the traffic moving, making roads safer and improving journey times. This is important for drivers, businesses and public transport.”
For further information please contact Ruth Stallwood, Nottingham City Council Communications Team, on 0115 876 2900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org