It’s the BIGGEST ever summer in Nottingham – and everyone is invited!
Summer 2017 is set to be the best ever in the city, with everything from amazing new events like the world-exclusive Dinosaurs of China Exhibition and the British Triathlon Mixed Relay Cup – which will be broadcast live on the BBC – to popular free family events like Riverside Festival and the Beach, as well as smaller community events taking place in neighbourhoods across the city..
Nottingham City Council’s new campaign ‘Nottingham’s BIG Summer’ launches today (Tuesday 4 July) to highlight the range of events and activities on offer.
For families with young children who will be off school from 27 July – 30 August, there’s no shortage of fantastic things to do, from the £1 a day School’s Out scheme, to free events in parks and around the city at New Art Exchange, Nottingham Contemporary and many more.
To promote the range of activities and events, all primary schoolchildren attending schools in the city will get a free summer events booklet before they break up for the summer.
Nottingham residents can also take advantage of the discounted METRO travel offer with Trent Barton when they visit events taking place in Derby, such as the Derby CAMRA Summer Beer Festival from 5-9 July, getting £1 off an all-day ticket.
Nottingham will also proudly celebrate our award-winning parks this summer. Nottingham city parks are in consideration for 35 Green Flag awards, with a decision being made by 19 July.
Councillor Dave Trimble, Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Culture at Nottingham City Council, said: “There’s so much to be proud of about our fantastic city – and our brilliant events have got to be one of the best things about Nottingham.
“There is a huge amount going on this summer, from big sporting events and festivals, to the world exclusive Dinosaurs of China exhibition, and events in your local neighbourhood.
“Let’s all get out there with our friends, family and neighbours and be part of a truly fantastic summer in Nottingham.”
The biggest events include:
- Dinosaurs of China from 1 July
- Poppies: Weeping Willow at Derby Silk Mill until 23 July
- Wollaton Arts Festival 1 – 16 July
- Derby CAMRA Summer Beer Festival 5 – 9 July
- Outdoor Theatre at Nottingham Castle, Newstead Abbey and Wollaton Hall 7 July – 1 Sept
- Independents Festival 8 July
- Nottingham Beach opens 13 July
- Love Parks Week 14 – 23 July
- Smooth Cinema 21 July – 13 August
- England v South Africa at Trent Bridge 14 – 18 July
- Splendour Festival 22 July
- Nottingham schools summer holidays begin 27 July
- Nottinghamshire Pride 29 July
- Riverside Festival 4 – 6 August
- Nottingham Caribbean Carnival 20 August
- Outdoor Cinema at Wollaton Park 24 – 28 Aug
- Great Food and Drink Fest at Newstead Abbey26 – 28 Aug
- British Triathlon Mixed Relay Cup 2 September
- Nottingham MELA Festival 8 – 10 September
- Heritage Open Days – FREE entry at Nottingham Castle and Newstead Abbey 9 & 10 September
- Robin Hood Marathon, Half-Marathon and Mini Marathon 24 September