Could you design a huge, bright and beautiful wall mural? A design for people to have their photo taken with and provoke conversation? Read on…
Nottingham is an amazing and diverse city, where people come together to stand with each other. To celebrate the spirit of #NottinghamTogether and all that we have in common, we are creating a collection of selfie opportunities across the city – transforming empty shopfronts with bold, bright and beautiful designs which can provide a backdrop for selfies and provoke conversation.
The winning designs will be installed in locations across the city for National Hate Crime Awareness Week which will run from 12th -19th October. This year, Nottingham’s theme for Hate Crime Awareness Week is ‘More in Common’ – by focusing on the things that bring us together and celebrating our differences, we are all stronger.
If you have an eye for design, enter our competition and be in with a chance of winning a £100 intu voucher and the opportunity to work with a professional designer to develop your design into a large-scale selfie backdrop to transform an empty shopfront into your work of art.
How to enter
It couldn’t be easier to take part – just create and send us your design by September 21st.
The design must feature the theme of #NottinghamTogether and/or #MoreInCommon, with an aim to provoke thought and conversation during Hate Crime Awareness Week.
Competition Top Tip: Make your design bold, bright and colourful! Small and intricately detailed designed are less likely to be visible in photo backdrops, so make your design bold and bright with #NottinghamTogether and/or #MoreInCommon as a central feature of the design.
How to send us your design:
- Pop it in the post to: #NottinghamTogether Competition, Byron House, Maid Marion Way, Nottingham NG1 6HS
- Send it by email: Attach a PDF file to an email NottinghamTogether@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or, even easier, take a photo of your design and email us the photograph.
Don’t forget: however you send your design, don’t forget to tell us your Name, Age, Postcode and provide an email address for us to contact you on should you be a winner!
Terms and conditions:
- The closing date for entries is 21 September 2019. Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries sent by post must be A4 in size (210mm x 297mm)
- The competition is open to all Nottingham City residents
- The winners will be notified by email
- One entry per person/group
- Entrants under 18 on the closing date must ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering
- No cash alternative prizes can be offered
- We’re unfortunately not able to return artwork entered
- We’re unfortunately not able to reply to every entrant – only the winning entrants will be contacted
- Personal information (Name, Age, Postcode and email addresses) supplied by entrants will be kept until October 2019 and then securely disposed of. A competition privacy notice is available here.
- Nottingham City Council reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time