Nottingham City Council’s high profile frontline services have won the APSE Award for Best Service Team for Street Cleansing and Streetscene Services.
The award adds to the recent MJ Award win for Best Service Team and the CIWM Clean Britain Award, a fantastic achievement for Nottingham and its Streetscene services.
The Association for Public Service Excellence Awards ceremony took place in Swansea last night and Nottingham City Council’s Streetscene Teams were recognised for “developing innovative street cleansing services to increase citizen satisfaction whilst tackling budget pressures.”
The winning submission focussed on:
- Winning the CIWM Cleanest City in Britain Award in 2014 and the MJ Award in 2015
- Investing in innovative ways of working and redesigning services to make sure they are efficient, cost effective and citizen focused,
- Nottingham’s neighbourhoods being as clean as the city centre
- Partnership working with Community Protection and Nottingham City Homes
- Investment in equipment such as new mechanical fleet and Big Belly Solar Bins
- Listening to citizens and tackling issues that matter to citizens
- Increased citizen satisfaction
Cllr Nicola Heaton, Portfolio Holder for Community Services at Nottingham City Council, said: “As we already hold the CIWM Clean Britain award and the MJ Service Team of the Year it is clear that a range of prestigious independent organisations recognise the excellent service we provide.
“Our dedicated teams work hard to ensure we provide the best service to our citizen’s and respond to their needs to make sure we increase satisfaction and maintain our Grade A standard of cleaning.
“Despite budget pressures, we have worked hard to maintain and improve service quality and this is embedded in the ethos of our service, from our frontline staff to our leadership team.
“Our thanks go to everyone who have helped us, from our fantastic front line staff, our partners and our citizens.”